Free blackjack newsletter!

Get the latest blackjack tips, tricks, and more by signing up for my weekly newsletter!

Card Counting- Mentor System





The Mentor System is a Level II card counting strategy that is quite popular among professional blackjack players. I would definitely place it in my top 5, although my preferred is the Zen Count.

This Mentor was first introduced in the book "Blackjack Bluebook II" by Fred Renzey.  It quickly gained a solid reputation because of it's high degree of betting accuracy.

In many ways, the Mentor is similar to the Zen Count, which is probably why I like it so much.  While there is no substantial difference between the two systems, the Mentor performs slightly better with multiple decks (but the difference is so small it is meaningless).

Remember, the Mentor is a balanced count, so divide your running count by the number of decks left in play to get the true count.

No comments: